This page lists all of the free bets, deposit bonuses and other incentives that the bookies offer new customers when they sign up. Generally speaking, these offers are either in the form of a matched bet (eg: you register, deposit and bet £20 and in return the bookie gives you another £20 bet for free) or a deposit bonus (eg: you register and deposit £50 and you receive a £50 bonus). There are also other variations of these categories such as no lose bets and even enhanced odds deals – a full explanation is given at the bottom of the page.
As you would expect, all of these freebies can be used to bet on football. Make sure you check the terms of each offer carefully as some will have a minimum odds requirement for your free bet as well as the qualifying bet.
Best Free Bet Offers For Betting On Football
|10Bet||£50||50% Deposit Bonus||10Bet Review|
|New Customers only; Min. deposit £15; Bonus amount 50% of deposit up to £50; Wager deposit and bonus 8x within 30 days; 4/5 Min. single odds or 2/5 min. acca selection odds; Max. stake contribution equal to the initial bonus; Certain bet types and payment methods excluded; See full terms; Terms apply; 18+ #ad|
|Bet365||£100||Up to £100 in bet credits||Bet365 Review|
|Open Account Offer. Up to £100 in Bet Credits for new customers at bet365. Min deposit £5. Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply.|
|Betfair||£100||5 x £20 Free Bets||Betfair Review|
|New customer offer. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. T&Cs apply.|
|Betfred||£30||£30 in free bets and 30 free spins||Betfred Review|
|New Sports customers only. Promo code SPORTS60. 1st sports bet of £10+ in one transaction at Odds of evens (2.0) or greater, settled in 60 days. £30 free bet paid within 48 hours of settlement. Payment restrictions apply. SMS validation may be required. 30 Free Spins on selected games. 7 day expiry spins & bonus. Full T&Cs apply.|
|BetVictor||£30||Bet £5 for £30 in bonuses||BetVictor Review|
|New Customers only. Deposit and place a £5 qualifying bet at odds of 2.00 or greater within 7 days of opening a new account; excludes cashed out bets. Receive 2x £10 Sports/Virtual Sports Free Bets, valid on set events only at odds 2.00 or greater, expires in 7 days, plus a £10 Casino Bonus, expires in 7 days. Wager the Casino Bonus 35x to withdraw winnings. Payment Cards only. Geographical Restrictions and T&Cs Apply. Please Gamble Responsibly|
|Coral||£20||Bet £5, Get £20 in Free Bets||Coral Review|
|18+. UK+IRE only. Min first bet £5 at odds 1/2 or more. Tote and Pool excluded. Must be placed within 14 days of account reg. £20 credited as 4 x £5 free bets. Not valid with Cash Out. Free bet valid for 4 days. Free bet stake not returned. T&Cs apply.|
|Ladbrokes||£20||Bet £5 Get £20 in Free Bets||Ladbrokes Review|
|18+ New UK+IRE customers. Paypal and certain deposit types and bet types excluded. Min £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 4 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply. T&Cs apply.|
Football Free Bets Explained
Each of the bookmakers listed above offers some kind of welcome bonus or sign up promotion to new punters. The type of offer and conditions vary from bookie to bookie, but for the most part they fit into one of the following categories:
- Matched Bet – The simplest form of sign up bonus. You register, deposit and make a bet with your own money. Then, regardless of whether the bet wins or loses, you receive a free one from the bookie (once your first bet is settled). These free bets tend to be for the same amount as the qualifying bet, but not always – some bookies will give you a £10 free bet on your £5 initial bet. The free bet is usually given as a token and has to be bet in one go.
- No Lose Bet – A variation of a matched bet, but not quite as good – and it isn’t a magic bet that you can stick on a huge long shot and be guaranteed to win (like the name suggests… unfortunately). With these promotions, a free bet is only given if your first bet loses. So if you sign up, deposit and bet £10 on Liverpool to win and they do, you don’t receive a free bet. If Liverpool lose, then you get a free bet to the same value.
- Deposit Bonus – These are bonuses based on your first deposit – so if you register and deposit £50 you might receive a £50 bonus. This bonus is given upfront and can be bet with immediately. Unlike matched bets these bonuses can be used like cash and can be split into as many smaller bets as you like. You are normally required to bet a certain amount before you can withdraw the bonus and the winnings.
As well as the type of bet, there are also a number of differences between the terms and conditions of the bonuses. Whilst the following isn’t an exclusive list, these are the most common terms and conditions to watch out for:
- Stake Returned – For matched bets and no lose bets, if the stake is returned that means that the value of the free bet token is paid out with your winnings, like a regular bet.
- Stake Not Returned – The opposite of ‘Stake Returned’. For these bets only the winnings are paid out, and the free bet token disappears into the ether.
- Minimum Odds – Some bookies require you to place your qualifying bets and free bets at a minimum odds. Minimum odds are usually either 1/2 or evens.
- Turnover Requirement – Also referred to as a wagering requirement, these conditions are most common in conjunction with deposit bonuses. To be able to withdraw the bonus and your winnings, you need to ‘turn over’ the bonus a certain number of times. So if you receive a £100 bonus, you may have to wager £300 before you can withdraw.